Tuesday 25 November 2008

The coughs got worse...

and the girls have stayed home since Monday. They are both suffering, although the EFG still has it the worst. The FH thinks he is getting it too, so I have a mini-epidemic going on here! I am coping with the nursing - lots of hot drinks of hot lemon juice with honey, cough medicines and lots of tissues. They are amusing themselves with books, tv and games, so they are doing OK. They had a lie-in this morning and both of them had a decent night's sleep. My dad called earlier this morning to suggest visiting as he is going on an 18-night cruise on Sunday, so he wanted to see us before he went. I told him about the girls and advised against visiting as the last thing he wants is to get ill on holiday! He may have time to come at the end of the week, so we will keep him up-to-date with the recovery.

I am having a chocolate party here tomorrow night, and have to do some major re-arranging of furniture as well as tidying up. There are about 18-20 people coming, so I am wondering where they will all sit...may have to borrow some chairs and have already asked my sister to bring extra coffee mugs.

Just now I am roasting a chicken for lunch, with roasted potatoes, broccoli and carrots. The FH is going out to a book sale for me tonight so I wanted to give him a hot meal at lunchtime as it would otherwise be difficult for him to have one because of the times of the sale tonight. He is not going to his art club this afternoon as it would just be too much rushing around for him in one day. I guess that being his age is a bit like how I felt when I was pregnant - I could do one "big" thing each day, but no more! Sometimes we just have to pace ourselves a bit more carefully and not expect miracles.

No comments: