Tuesday 26 June 2012

Curry report

Quick post to let you know that the family tried the first batch of Elaine's Curry in a Hurry recipe sauce last night.  I popped some frozen Quorn in the pan, with a little oil, added some chopped pepper that needed using up, and then added some defrosted sauce and some boiling water.  Some rice cooked in a saucepan alongside and within about 20 minutes, supper was on the table.

The feedback I got was that the girls liked it but that the FH thought it could take a little more kick, but since it was the first time they had tried it properly, I was pleased with how easy it was to use, and I can think about spicing it up a bit more for the FH by using some of the additions which are suggested in Elaine's original post.

1 comment:

Mrs Thrifty said...

I shall have to try this - anything fast, but wholesome, is good around here xx