Monday, 15 February 2010

Weekend catchup

Friday was a washout - I came down with a head cold and just got up for about 45 minutes to make breakfasts and lunch boxes, and then I went back to bed and to sleep until I woke up again at 1.30pm. I showered, ate some lunch, checked some emails and then had to head out to gymnastics. Thanks to the sleep I had had, I coped OK with the evening at gym.

Friday night, however, was a different matter: I got to sleep around midnight, and then was woken about an hour later by the FH pummeling me with 8 or 9 fierce punches to my upper back. I sat up and swore very rudely, but he was dreaming!! We had watched "Silent Witness" on tv in the evening, which had been a story based around the trials and tribulations of two rival gangs in London's inner city tower blocks. Consequently, the FH had a dream about being attacked by one of these gangs and was attempting to punch his way out of a fight. Unfortunately, I was the one who took the brunt of it - I have never been hit so hard in all my life. Thank goodness that I usually sleep with my back to him - he could have punched my face/nose if I had been facing him.

All that meant that I have been very sore over the weekend. I was due to go out with the coaches and some of the parents from gym on Saturday night for a meal, but what with the cold and the pummeling, I gave that a miss. By Sunday morning, I was doing a little better but it was still sore to sit for too long, so I went to the wedding at our church but had to pass on the meal afterwards - and I was glad I did as the FH and girls didn't get home until after 4pm and that would have been agony having to sit for that long.

Yesterday evening, I nipped over to see my dad. He looks well now, which is a relief, and I was pleased to see him looking that well. He does have some bruises where the lines went into the back of his hands, but overall, he looks tired but OK. With some rest, I think he's going to be fine. The GP came out to see him on Friday and said that there is no trace of the chest infection left - hurray!

No comments: