Thursday 18 February 2010

Another good day

It was good overall although it had its ups and downs.

The YFG wanted to go ice skating in Peterborough this week, so since I could combine the trip with a work-related pickup there, I took her today. The biggest down of the day was that on arrival at Planet Ice, the car park was absolutely fit to burst (it HAD burst - all over the double yellows out front, into the neighbouring car parks, etc) and there was a very long queue snaking out the door. We gave it a miss. I did the work pickup and then we headed off to Hampton as she had some money she wanted to spend on a new purse.

The EFG spent the afternoon at home, although she invited a friend round and they played on the Wii and watched a DVD. I was glad to get home to the fire at 4.30pm.

This evening's meal has been chicken curry and then a concoction made from slightly stale ginger cake, a banana and some banana-flavoured Angel Delight. Another No Spend Day for me and the household budget, so I was pleased.

This challenge is also going to teach us some patience: the girls are keen for me to pre-order the New Moon DVD in the Twilight series which will come out on March 22nd, but I am holding out until after the end of the challenge. I had to pass over two books I would have loved to have bought in WHSmith today, so it is not all a breeze!

No comments: