Friday 19 February 2010

Day three

We were relieved and disappointed (adults then children in that order) to see that the temperature had risen overnight and so there was no snow at all this morning - even that which fell last night had disappeared....

A bit of a slow start to the day, but then we exploded into action, baked a cake, took the old Volvo to the scrapyard and got £45 for it, came home and ate a quick jacket potato and then the YFG and I trundled off to town, to pick up rabbit/chicken feed, pop a couple of cheques into the bank and go to gymnastics. The EFG and the FH have gone to Ely Cathedral to a SSAFA concert - the Royal Marines (Collingwood) band are giving a concert so they have gone to that. Tickets were bought prior to the challenge, so that is OK!

Tonight I am supposed to be making about 100 cheese scones for the dance we are holding for the church tomorrow, but I am also thinking about the fact I need to get up at about 5am in the morning and wondering whether my brain and body really need to go to bed NOW and maybe make the scones in the morning. I need to leave the house at 7.30am so perhaps there is time to make them fresh in the morning IF I get all the ingredients ready and the trays laid out tonight.

No comments: