Tuesday 1 December 2015

And we're off!

Today, the first of December, marks the beginning of the Advent rush towards Christmas. The purists know that Advent began on Sunday but for all the little children opening their chocolate calendars, today was the day they could finally begin.

I've been here less this week so far, and I should think that might continue for now - life in the real world is busy.  I've been preparing for the work appraisal tomorrow, and the EFG is HOME for the week [just till Friday] so I have been spending a lot of time chatting with her - till 12.45am on Sunday night/Monday morning - she is a night owl and we do spend more time chatting at night, whereas the EF girls are both asleep by 9.30pm most nights.....

We've had a wee beastie in the EFG's room that we had to catch - the mouse trap had its victim within the afternoon, which was a relief.  We have left the traps set for a couple more days in case he had any friends up there with him!  And I didn't have to ask anyone for any help setting the traps, thank goodness.

I hope you are all well, and I shall pop round the blogs when I have time this week - I haven't said much lately on some of them, but I am still reading!  I am so far behind with the festive season this year - no cake made, no pudding, and hardly any gifts organised - and please don't mention cards.....

2 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I hope you aren't working too hard! Good luck with everything

Sandra Ann said...

Advent hugs! X