Sunday 20 December 2015

Pause for thought

(image from angalmond.blogspot.co.uk)

Having volunteered to take part in this year's Pause, I have been pretty useless in my posting this time.  Sorry!

Since it is the last Sunday in Advent today, I have had plans all week to think of something to post today, and nothing sprang to mind at all.  Until three things came together yesterday.

I came home from a lovely Messy Crib service to find an email from Facebook to say that I had been removed as an administrator from the page I created on there.  That felt like rudeness, if I am honest - I set the page up a few years ago and it has been instrumental in bringing more people to the real life group that it represents. But another admin can alter the settings, and I am no longer required.  Would have been polite if I had been otherwise notified.

A neighbour who is a teacher turned up at the door a few minutes later with a bunch of flowers.  She had been given them by a parent at the school on Friday and is going away for the Christmas break to visit relatives, and thought that perhaps we could enjoy the flowers.  That was really kind of her, and we have put them in a vase in the sitting room - they are lovely flowers!

And then there is the "followers" on here - up and down like a yoyo!  There's 128 for ages, then one leaves, another comes and two more leave......

And my point is?  Well, it came to me last night that it is such a good thing that I do not measure my value, my self-esteem, in the way that others treat me.  If my self-worth reflected the way the world reacts to me, it would be a difficult life.  Thanks to my secure faith in Jesus Christ, I know that I am loved, saved and forgiven in His Mighty Name, and so I rest in Him.  And He is all that matters in the end.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Amen! and how lovely you received the flowers from a thoughtful teacher - enjoy them!

Jacqui said...

Hmm - the followers thing. I lost 8 in one day last week. I felt a bit bothered about it, but then realised how silly I was being. God loves us and saves us through Grace, and not the amount of Facebook friends we have :) have a lovely blessed Christmas, Morgan. We are going away for the first time- needing to do something completely different this year. Looking forward to it too. xxx

Darwin Girl said...

Amen, sister.

SusanM said...

I'm not a 'follower' but I pop in most days as I love reading your blog. I received an unexpected Christmas present the other day and was delighted. It was a humorous present and made me laugh so much. Enjoy your flowers x

Angela said...

I forgot to say, thankyou for doing PIA posts again! And the followers thing is a google/blogger issue - LOADS of people out there are reporting it [inc me] Be assured, dearest, that I will be following you throughout 2016 - blessings xx

markdebby said...

I for one looks forward to your blog.

Bless said...

So sorry you were removed from your FB group without notice. Perhaps it was unintentional?

Glad your neighbor share her flowers with you.

As for the followers, I hope it's just a computer glitch. :)

Kezzie said...

I love the way you brought these 3 things back to Jesus! Yes, oh yes, if our esteem and value is placed in earthly things we will always be disappointed but Jesus, he is always the way!
And I too have noticed the followers thing- I lost 3 and my friend lost 6!x