Friday 2 March 2012

Proud mum feeling

The EFG has achieved a further 5lb loss this week, and I am SO proud of her. She chose some Ben & Jerry's cookie dough flavour ice cream for her treat for tonight, and she certainly deserves it! She is allowed a treat on a Friday night, so that she has something to look forward to, and it is a little splurge from the rules of the regime. Last week she had a few oven chips with her chicken, which would not normally have been allowed, before having a little ice cream. You have to have a little treat now and again!

I just wish I had her dedication...my backside isn't getting any smaller....

We are on our Co-op bandwagon for March, and are planning to save more money for the holiday payment at the end of the month - we have until the 22nd, I think, to get together about £700. It is a good job I like a challenge! I have paid off the credit card bill which had the two car insurance payments on it - bad timing that they both went on the same month's bill - I'll have to try to spread it out a bit further next year. I do prefer to pay those in one annual payment rather than having dribs and drabs going out of the account each month.

There was a meeting at school last night for the EFG and I - we received her school exam timetable for her remaining GCSE exams, and found out all the arrangements for study leave. The upshot is that it seems that most of her exams fall before the June half-term, and then after that, she will have one week for further study and then her final two exams fall on the following Monday and Tuesday - and she's done! She seems to be free then from about the 18th June until she starts Sixth form somewhere in early September - whatever will she do? We know that she will have the opportunity to attend induction days for Sixth form, but she is also thinking about getting some work experience in there too.

And the YFG? She's badgering me to allow her to start Ballet...can we fit it in? Do I want to fit it in? Will the FH co-operate with the transportation because it is not that local...how much will it all cost? More thinking about this one required!

3 comments:

Varis Creations said...

Well done to the EFG give her a big hug from me :) Please bottle some of her will power and send to me please - I need it.

Luv
Susan

Wannabe Sybil said...

Your daughter's are wonderful! And well done to your EFG!!! The treat will be a real sanity saver, and it is ideal. Wishing her (and you!) all the luck. WS x

Rainbowchild said...

Well done to your daughter. If you don't mind me asking is she following a set diet? I suffer from the same as her and am struggling with my eating.