Thursday 29 March 2012

Abundant life

Christian friends, my eyes have been opened a little wider today - read John 10:1-10 and then read v10 again. Depending on the translation you are reading, the exact words will vary, but the common thread will be the same.

Good News bible says, "I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness."
The NIV has, "I have come that they might have life, and have it to the full."
The NRSV (Anglicized version) says,"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly."

Our lives should be full and abundant - these are positive images of plenty and enjoyment, not lives wracked by guilt, feeling that we should constantly be working, sacrificially for others. Sure, we should do plenty of good things, but we have to get life in balance. Balance. No sitting on the sofa watching DVDs for 12 hours a day, but a proper balance.

We are called to love one another AS we love ourselves, as well. Wise is the woman who can do that, and I am not her, yet!

I was blessed today by the posting at The Quiet Home, and I watched the film that the post links to, and I think that if you are anything like me, you would benefit from watching it too.

I am going to spend some time on ME, and thinking about how I can get life more in balance.

After I have folded the washing, cleared the kitchen up, and remade the bed.....(joking...not!) ;)

No comments: