Monday 12 September 2011

Monday musings

Everyone up and at it this morning, and the girls off to school again - they are soon back into the rhythm of schooldays again. I wish I adapted as quickly, as these mornings are taking some getting used to. I still want to roll over and go back to sleep when the alarm goes off.

This morning I spent a couple of hours outside, moving things around. I put the three little Barred Plymouth Rock chicks into a new house, where they promptly sat and sunbathed in a very sheltered corner, absolutely loving the sunshine. Lots of plastic growing modules and plant pots have been evicted from the potting shed as it needs to be made over into a chicken shed, so the pots have to be relocated to the verandah. We also dismantled a chicken house which has another infestation, and put up the newer one which has had its infestation cleared out. The chickens are quite happy with the new house and laid eggs in it already this afternoon, so it is christened in that respect. I managed to get a load of towels dry on the outside line without any of them blowing away!

This afternoon has been paperwork and phonecalls, and then this evening I have had to sew up the EFG's trousers and do some knitting. I am a little bit annoyed about the trousers as I bought two new pairs for her this year, and paid the shop £5 to have both pairs turned up. She wore one of the pairs for a couple of days last week and already both hems on that pair are down. On closer inspection of the sewing, it is awful! I will not be using that alteration service again.

The weather hasn't been too bad here today - there has been plenty of wind, but it has also been beautifully sunny too, and I have enjoyed being outside. I am hoping that no one has been badly affected, but I have heard in the news this evening that someone has been killed by a tree falling on a car, so I know that there will be sadness for the people who knew that person tonight.

Frugally speaking, I have had a NSD (No Spend Day) today, and indeed have acquired several pounds through the sales of 3 dozen eggs - all regular customers who all chose today to request a dozen eggs each. I hope to have more days like today! The bank accounts need building up again, and I am glad that I am not going on holiday this October - as lovely as it was to go to Scotland last year, I am not sure that the bank balances could take that bashing again this year! I need to save close to £1000 to meet my savings target for the year, and I am not sure that it is going to be achieved, but I will do my best!

No comments: