Sunday 12 February 2012

I've been tagged!

Dreamer has tagged me on her blog and now I have to answer some questions! Apparently I have to tag more people and post a set of questions of my own for them. One set at a time, so I'll start with the questions I have been asked:
  • How many siblings do you have and what was your position in the family? For my mum, I was the elder daughter, and for my dad, I am the middle daughter. In my family, I have the position of the elder daughter. I'm not taking the lid off that particular can of worms.
  • Do you still keep in touch with your best friend from school days? Yes, I do. I met her when I was 9, so this September marks 30 years of friendship. We kept in touch through attending different secondary schools, being together very intensively for 2 years whilst we did A levels at the same school, and then going to universities at opposite ends of the UK. Now she has a boy and a girl, and lives about 20 miles away. We talk on the phone every couple of months, but she needs me a lot less now than she did back then, and the pattern of our relationship has changed, although I love her no less.
  • Girly shoes or walking boots? Walking boots every day.
  • What would you choose for a last meal? Chicken and bacon casserole with root veg and mash followed by self saucing chocolate pudding. No question.
  • If you could go back in time which era would you like to have been born in? I would have liked to have known my great grandfather, and to have known my grandmother when she was a younger woman, so the early part of the last century - the 1910s to the 1930s.
  • What is the one possession you would think about running back into a burning building for? You know, I don't think I would. I hold my memories in my head, and everyTHING else is replaceable one way or another. I'd be in there like a shot for my family though, if they were stuck.
  • What is your favourite colour to wear? Royal blue and navy blue
  • What is your favourite colour to decorate with? Pink and green
  • Do you like to grow flowers or vegetables in your garden? Vegetables - you can't eat flowers. BUT I was harangued for not having flowers for the bees so I planted a lavender hedge about 5 years ago and now it is in desperate need of a drastic trim!
  • Are you a cat or a dog person? I would be a dog person if I got the chance.
  • Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with? I don't do lifts if I can help it all, and I definitely wouldn't like to be stuck with anyone in particular!
I'm not sure what Blogger is up to with those colours changing from blue to black, but those questions are actually quite challenging!

I shall consider my own questions and post those this week, and tag some of my favourite blogs too. It's all good fun!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tough questions but thank you for sharing. It's lovely getting to know you more!

Sft x