Friday 12 April 2019

Folks, they said yes!

I was going to wait until I had the whole story to share, but I have had a gentle nudge so I'm back with what I know so far!! The selection committee of the Methodist Church has recommended me to be trained as a deacon. That bit is the good news.

What is still uncertain is as to how they intend to do that - there are several options and I still have to attend an interview at The Queen's Foundation in Birmingham on 10th May which will enable them to make the final decision - and I will know the week after. They could send me to Queen's full time as a weekly boarder Sun-Thurs term time for two academic years, or they could train me part time over three years. Both have pros and cons but after lots and lots of discussions here, we think we are coming down in favour of the two year option so that we can get on with it - but the Church has the ultimate decision - and we might ourselves have changed our minds after further chatting by the time the interview comes round. There is just so much to consider.

The interview process last month was just brilliant - the people were amazingly supportive and kind, and we all just felt very cocooned in the environment as we went through the procedures. It was good!  Nerve-wracking, but good!!

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Ooh, I'm glad I nudged! Many congratulations - and prayers as your ministry unfolds.

Angela said...

Looking forward to hearing how the story unfolds...love and prayers for you both x

Angela said...

PS don't forget to update your blogblog pro sometime!

Sandra Ann said...

Well done!!

Mrs Tiggywinkle said...

This is wonderful news! Congratulations. x

Terra said...

This is exciting news for you, congratulations.