Thursday 3 May 2018

Updates from the Fens

You wouldn't believe the procrastination I have had to overcome to work out how to get back in here after so long! I had forgotten so many passwords..BUT I'm here now - and glad to be able to catch up.

Thanks for the gentle nudges which have come my way in the last few weeks - lovely to know that you are still here and interested.  Life has moved on significantly here and there is lots to tell! Weird to realise that I haven't been here since last August....

The EFG went back to uni in September and has just today had her final exam. She should get the results on the 25th May and then graduates in June - and I have to fetch her and all her stuff home! She's looking at post grad courses in Edinburgh or Bristol at the moment, depending on the results.

The YFG has had quite a year: she's continued working at the cathedral six days a week and then she has got jobs in two different gymnastics clubs to work to gain experience for doing a Level 2 coaching qualification - and she passed the final assessment for that about two weeks ago! She works in one capacity or another 7 days a week and has not had much time to herself at all. She has applied herself to it all very well and done herself credit. She has also applied to uni again and has accepted an unconditional offer to go to Newcastle to read Geography in September.

And me? I'm working hard in the church, full time now - 37 hours a week. The Superintendent is currently off sick for a long period so I am holding the fort with three supernumerary ministers [retired] and today an acting Superintendent has been appointed to work with us from a distance - he will advise by telephone and email and come over for big meetings but not be here on a day to day basis.

I'm pursuing the process to candidate for the Methodist ministry as a Deacon - this is an Order of ministry which is permanent - we do not have Deacons who are on their way to becoming presbyters. This is the calling I have and I feel very settled on it so I hope that the selection committees affirm it and put me forward. I have a long process to get through and won't know whether they are accepting me until next March.

By that time, [drum roll] I will be married and living in Cumbria!

The chap and I are getting married here in the Fens in October in my big church and the house is on the market so that I aim to move up there to be with him permanently after we are married. If God wills it, the house will sell at the right time and all will work out. Let's pray that it all comes together!

2018 is turning out to be one heck of a year - marriage, candidating, moving house, YFG off to uni, EFG graduating!!  It won't be a year to forget in a hurry....

I shall attempt to come back more often now that I have sorted the password out - and wish you all very well!

11 comments:

Athene said...

Wow, a momentous year! It's lovely to hear your news and that things are going well for you all. Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. I hope you'll continue to blog from time to time.

Frugally challenged said...

Wonderful to see yu back in Blogland! I'll keep my elbows tucked in for a while.

All your news is so positive. So glad things are working out so well for you.

thrift deluxe said...

It was so lovely to see your name pop up in my blog feed today, and wow, what an update!

Congratulations to all of you for so many amazing things! I can't believe it's almost time for the EFG to graduate. I hope everything comes together for you in terms of the move, and a heartfelt best wishes to you all.

Sandra Ann said...

Oh so lovely to hear your news!! Congratulations on your ministry and an upcoming wedding!! Hope the house situation works out, Cumbria is our old stomping ground and not far from our current abode in Lancashire. Prayers for you all xx

Jo said...

So much news - and all of it good. I'm pleased you managed to pop back and update us. Wishing you all the best : )

tylasnan said...

I am so so happy for you, in fact for all three of you Fen Girls. Congratulations and lovely to hear from you.
Cheers, Karen near Gympie

Jules said...

It's lovely to see you back and with such wonderful news. Congratulations all round. X

sue R said...

Lovely to see you back and congratulations to you all your family for upcoming events in the year. Look forward to reading all about them.

Sue

rabbitquilter said...

Oh my goodness!! I have just re-discovered you, since I have now got an IPad it is not so easy to keep up with blogs it seems!!! I am just so pleased to hear the wonderful news that you are marrying later in the year! Also it is grand to know the girls are doing so well!! I will drop by more often now, so keep us up to date with your news!! Congratulations and love to you all X

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Great news, I was looking for your beetroot chutney recipe and got this instead. Very pleased for you all. Glad to hear that both girls are doing well too.
May God Bless you in all that you do.

Love in Him

Kim

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

So glad to see your post again. Congratulations on your news. it doesn't seem 5 Minutes since
your girls were at Gymnastics and you were school governing. Look forward to hearing more of your news.

Kim