Tuesday 11 April 2017

Holy, holy, holy

It's Holy Week and the pressure is on. I've got a service on Good Friday in the afternoon, but that's not such a big deal as I did one last year in a completely different area of the circuit so I am fairly hopeful that I can repeat it this year and no one who was there last year will be there to recognise the salient points. Just have to remember to borrow the wooden sword from my friend before she disappears off on holiday Thursday night.....

Easter Sunday on the other hand, is getting complicated: baptism, sacrament and Easter in an hour.....could be a challenge.  I had a visit to the baptism family last week and had a wee hold of the baby - so cute - only born in January!  So out of practice at holding babies am I that I said to the mother that I really needed a cuddle to see how it felt again. He is adorable. Just pray for me that he doesn't wail too much....

And the other question which occupies my thoughts at the moment.... what does one call a man who one is seeing at this age? "Boy"friend doesn't seem right.....suggestions welcome!  The YFG is amusing herself with her own suggestions which are not being taken too seriously. He was here for the day yesterday and we went for lunch with the girls and Grandad and MB: he passed muster, and since he shares Grandad and MB's love of football, they were well pleased with him. He had a tortuous journey home on the train but made it eventually, about three hours overdue.

Today I have accompanied a lady to the CAB in order to help and support her in sorting out benefits, and it has been eye-opening, but well worthwhile for us both. We also had a hilarious time at a Knit and Natter session which was just after the meeting. She's becoming a part of the church family and they are taking her under their wings and looking out for her nicely.

Wishing you all a very blessed Easter holiday season if I am not back again before then. Much love x

6 comments:

tylasnan said...

Blessings to you this Easter too. I am sure that you will rise to the challenge on Sunday.
After a very hot summer we are forecast glorious weather for the Easter holidays.

Cheers, Karen near Gymie.

Cheryl said...

How about Man friend or gentlemen caller. Bet your daughter has some good ones. Cheryl

Angela said...

Significant Other? Special Someone sounds a bit twee. "My Current Squeeze" - a phrase I have heard by those who are past 40 - is ghastly. Very Good Friend is undeniably accurate, but not exactly what you want to say... Sorry, not much help here, just glad that he's part of your life (but sorry for the distance between you) Have a blessed Easter tide, and do rest between services!!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Have a busy but wonderful time.
What about - Special Friend?

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Gentleman friend might fit the bill.

Edwina said...

I have been trawling through some blogs, looking for something... different. Interesting, fun, educational and inspirational. Now we may not be on the same wave length when it comes to faith, but I love Anne of Green Gables and have several sets old and new, Monarch of the Glen, Mallory Towers books, and lots of other crossing over interests I noted. Could this be the start of a good blog follow/sharing?
Well, I have just restarted my tired old blog and hope to be able to blog once every couple of weeks. Don't get up to anything much you understand, just a simple life, a quiet life. But one with lots of laughter, hugs too. And books.
I shall return, as they say. Thank you for a lovely read.
www.lifeatemsplace.blogspot.co.uk