Friday 22 March 2019

The time is drawing near...

Nearer and nearer draws the time, as the hymn assures us! The time for the big round of interviews for ministry has just about arrived: I'm leaving to head south in the morning, and will go to the conference centre where the interviews are held, on Monday. I will be there in various rounds of interviews from 3pm Monday for 24 hours, and should get home Wednesday afternoon. Praying for wisdom and discernment on the part of the interviewers, and courage and calmness, inspiration and blessing from God for me in this process - I am nervous and it feels a bit like I'm about to sit an A level in Methodism without really knowing what's on the curriculum - the scope for the questioning is vast! 

Many thanks for all your support and kind words since the last post - glad to be here and to hear from you all.  The outcome of the interviews will be made known to us on 3rd April, so if I don't get back here before then, I shall hope to be back with news shortly thereafter.

I've got a virus at the moment so I am resting as much as I can and will be taking the journey tomorrow in lots of stages! I spent Tuesday in bed and only ventured out briefly Thursday though I went to work this afternoon for an hour and came home exhausted and had to sleep for an hour to get some energy back... This is partly why I am travelling tomorrow - so that I can rest on Sunday before I have to go to the centre on Monday.

Much love to you all!

7 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

It is soooo good to see you again!!!

Congratulations on the marriage, congratulations on the move, fingers crossed, prayers and sending good vibes for the ministry. Never forget that you are awesome!

Hugs LM x

Angela said...

Much love to you - you're in our thoughts and prayers x

Frugally challenged said...

Praying for you! Firstly to get over the virus and, more importantly, to have good interviews.

Sandra Ann said...

Prayers for you that the virus symptoms ease and that all goes well with the interviews, God Bless San x

Catriona said...

Best wishes for a safe journey and a successful interview.

Jo said...

People make ministerial selection a daunting process but remember that God has brought you this far and will be there at the interviews with you : )

Frugally challenged said...

How do things stand now? I'm in suspense!